Re: Importing address book and mail in Thunderbird

Mauriat M wrote:

What I would recommend is to first quit TB, remove the new F8-TB
profile you have created and copy the F6-TB profile into your home
directory.
Once TB starts up it should automatically convert/update the necessary
data from the old profile and use that information.

I'm with Mauriat on this one - if you copy across the Thunderbird profile from one to the other (the .thunderbird directory) and restart it's fine. This is exactly how I did my upgrade and that was F6 to F8, which is what you're planning. (I usually skip the odd releases as it's all too much work to re-do the machine twice a year!)

Mike