Re: how to connect to wireless access point....

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 13:49 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
> > The notification area is a hot spot that you can place on the task bar,
> > there's usually one there by default, but sometimes you can accidentally
> > remove things.
>
> What exactly is the "notification area"?

In GNOME, it's the area on the panel with the clock, user-switcher,
power, printing active, software update, security icons (some always on,
some pop on to notify you of changed states).  (Similar to the area near
the clock in Windows.)  By default, it's at the upper right corner, next
to the volume control.

> What does it look like?

It's got three small gray spots at its left end that you can grab to
move or right-click to configure.

> How do you get it back, if it is "accidentally removed"?

Right-click on a panel, add to panel -> notification area.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu