Re: Help Requested in Choosing a Power Linux Laptop/Notebook with Multimedia.

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  <shameless plug>
>  As for "what machine should I use?"  Given what you describe as your
>  needs, I might recommend the Dell Precision M6300 which happens to be
>  certified with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 already, so you know it'll
>  work with CentOS.
>  </shameless plug>

Thanks for the info Matt!

However, since you seem to work in Dell, I would suggest you send a
copy of that shameless plug to your CTO/Strategy Office ;-)

Out here in India, the minute you say linux, you feel Dell Sales Rep's
interest in your sale vanishing.

And, "Sorry...we do not support Linux, however we'll get back to you",
is the standard Goodbye phrase. Dell really needs to know that Dell
supports Linux ;-)) I hope you will let Dell know ;-))

Thanks for the tip though. I'll check out the model in detail.

With best regards & thanks.
Sanjay.