Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 15:31 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > > Do you think QA happens by magic? If there are features you really want to
> > > see working then you can make a difference by participating in rawhide.
> >
> > I am, thank you.  That's how I know that NetworkManager is scheduled to
>
> Thanks for your testing! No one has the time to test everything and the
> more people helping the better. I incorrectly assumed you came in late and
> were complaining about things not working.

I expect things to be broken in rawhide.  What I don't expect is for
things that are still not working in rawhide to be pushed out into a
release without a fairly easy way to work around its presence.  How many
Fedora users would there be today if the first couple of releases with
selinux hadn't been able to disable selinux?

> > That phrase is a twist on an Americanism, i. e., "America, love it or
>
> I'm an American who was actually alive (though in grade school) when it was
> a popular phrase and I know what it means in that context. That is why I
> thought it was interesting that I felt it applied to Fedora although with
> a different meaning. (i.e. There is enough pain with using Fedora that you
> really need to love something about it to justify putting up with it.)

Sorry.  I assumed (and got bitten once again by doing so) by your
country designation on your email that you weren't.  Foolish me.

Dave