Re: Why Restart & Shutdown Buttons on login screen

Jim Cornette wrote:
"Rahul Tidke" wrote:
Hello All,
  I wonder about these buttons on gnome desktop; do we really need these
buttons on login screen? Reboot and shutdown allowed before login for any
user??

Thank You.

Regards
Technical Support
Excelize Software Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.excelize.com

Having additional options there come in handy for some purposes. They do not inhibit usage but give additional functionality.

The newer version of gdm even has a clock in it. I wondered what usefulness for a clock when you only briefly are at login. I would not fight to have it removed but wondered why it is there and moved on with logging in.

Some systems sit at that display for long periods of time waiting for a
user to log in.  Not every desktop system is a one-user machine.