Re: DI-LB604 load balancing router and /etc/resolv.conf

Frank Cox wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:55:18 +0100
Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I logged into my webserver and watched the log file while I loaded my website
and found that things are indeed doing what they should.  Every alternate
graphic (approximately) was downloaded by each IP address.  graphic 1 by address
1, graphic 2 by address 2, graphic 3 by address 1 again, and so on.

Now I can see that things are definitely going faster than they were when I was
using just one Internet connection.  In fact, it's damned impressive.
I had this sort of setup as well {netscreen ssg20}; but I had problems with certain {usually https} sites that you would log into, then it would reject the next step in the process eg flight booking. The web site seems to look at apparent ip for each ISP and decide that the second ip is trying to spoof the connection {even though cookies, encryption all suggest otherwise}. Sometimes you might get further, depending ransomly on whether requests left via the same ISP.

Have you had any trouble like that ?

DaveT.