Re: RHEC

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 11:13 +0200, Andrew Kelly wrote:

> Oh and Ric, I cut my penguin teeth on Caldera. In fact, just last year I
> retired a box running OC from 1998, which was still happily proxying a
> small LAN to the world via ISDN dial-up. Time sure rips by, dunnit?
Did you spend much time on the Caldera List?? Great crowd there. We had
many good times. It was a real whoop-up when we all got together at the
Red Hat Expo in the RTP that they used to hold. The last year, in 2000,
I held the Hot Sauce eating contest where I spent 3 days smoking enough
chicken wings for the contestants to eat the sauces on. I opined that
the heavier the coder was, the more hot sauce they could consume, as
some form of Wayward's Maxim. "Mad Dog Hall" led the pack with his
contribution, straight capsin from a spray can that looked like a little
fire extinguisher. You had to sign a release form to eat that stuff. No
one seemed to notice that I had some brewskies tucked behind the
contestant's table either.

We video taped the event, but it got lost later when I gave it to a guy
to digitize. Mad Dog stepped up as the announcer and did a helluva job!
Time does rip by and they were gentler days on my poor brain! It's
gotten tough just to keep up!! I wish I had that tape back, though. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar