Re: 2 IPs on one nic

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 20:48:38 +0200,
  Patrick Derwael <patrick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list
>

> Can someone tell me how to add a 2nd IP adress to a nic and ensure that 2nd
> IP is kept after a reboot
>
> Tried ifconfig eth0 add aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, but the IP is dropped after reboot
>

> Any idea ??

The modern command to do that is:
ip addr dev eth0 add aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/ff
You can put that in rc.local if it is OK if it is set end the end of the
boot process.

The sysconfig for network allows you to have an alias, but that system
is being depreciated as networkmanager takes over. My impression (but I haven't
checked carefully) is that networkmanager doesn't really support complex
static networking at this point.