Re: Matlab installation Error in fedora 8

Osama Mahdi wrote:

I tried both of the above solutions, I disable the auto mount and closed all folders, I also create a local directory and started the installation from the command line but the problem still exists.

Well, I have a F8 machine around, so I dug out my Matlab R14 disks and did an installation. I did not need to disable automount or anything else. It installed fine, and did not lock the CD. I was able to change the disks, and it was correctly recognized. The only difference from the instructions that came with Matlab was that I typed:
/media/MathWorks_R14_1/install &
to do the installation. And at the time, I was in the /home/dclark/matlabR14 directory, where I did the installation.