network gateway with a foreign IP address

The problem:
Company has switched over to FIOS and I have to move behind a
router
I will be behind a 10.0.0.1 LAN on a Cisco Router
I will be configured with an outside address, let's say
70.xxx.xxx.120 for argument's sake
Traffic to that address from the outside will be routed to my box
inside the network by the Cisco
I need to tell the box/outside NIC that its gateway is 10.0.0.1
even though it's not an address within the IP/subnet that the
NIC is configured for

There are reasons for this
Before you say it can't be done, google my subject line and
you'll find this nice howto for Debian
http://siddhesh.in/foreign-gateway.php
I'm wondering if I need to pursue the route in that howto, or
whether I can configure this with the system-config-network GUI
in Fedora -- I see there's a 'Route' tab in there, but I've
never used it
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA