Re: Samba won't dance (more info)

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 07:17 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> you don't actually expect people to parse that do you?

No, I really expect the original poster to post theirs, and have it
dissected and sorted out.  Rather than try to fit someone else's
configuration (mine) to theirs.

> But I'm telling you that if you can't reliably ping and nmblookup
> (which is somewhat similar to a ping), you're wasting your time here.

I agree.  As I said, and you've said before, it sounds like more basic
networking problems need resolving before fiddling with Samba.  Though I
was also saying it can be done.  And that Windows doesn't seem to work
particularly better using its own system, than Fedora does using Samba.

I don't recall whether Claude said whether he was pinging by IP
addresses, or trying to use host or domain names.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.