Re: Samba won't dance

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 23:49 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:

> OK, I did it. The version on the PCLinux box is 3.0.23b-PCLOS2007 and the one
> on Fedora is 3.0.28a-0.fc8. The result is interesting. Now, smbk4 on Fedora
> is listing both the machine's IP addresses upstairs, and their shares, but,
> it's still unable to mount those shares...some progress, tho.

Maybe dns issue?  Are all the boxes setup via dns correctly and listed
in full on whatever the dns box is?  Maybe list each one in the dns
boxes /etc/hosts file or relook at your dns or something for locally and
not so much outside of it?

Haven't read the previous few posts except teh last 5 or so, so haven't
been following along on your progress. Sorry if these were already
tried.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx