Re: Samba won't dance

Claude Jones wrote:
On Monday April 14 2008 5:33:02 pm Tom Horsley wrote:
Ever since then I've just copied in the old smb.conf file, and
I continue to have no problems. I just hope it works the same
on fedora 9 when I upgrade...

I have been considering copying the smb.conf file from the PCLinuxOS livecd that's up and working over to the Fedora box just to see if that does it,
don't consider. do. rename your old smb.conf first.

samba's testparm while tell you {us} what samba is seeing about the conf file, so just do it. includes warnings about deprecated parameters etc.

but, that may not since I'll bet Fedora is running a newer version of Samba
you could post those versions for interest....

DaveT.