Re: Partitions being mounted in fc8

Here is the answer to a request. It doesn't mean
anything to me. I guess I have some research to do. I
remember seeing some odd error messages somewhat like
that when I was having problems with NetworkManager.

 polkit-grant --list
always:
  user:    donvogt (uid 500)
  action:  org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed
  granted: Wed Mar 26 18:01:05 2008

>I believe it is HAL doing this. If you put them in
>/etc/fstab with
>the noauto option, they should not get mounted. The
>other choice is
>to add HAL rules to ignore them. Someone on the list
did >some rules
>to do that.

 I will try fstab first, but they are not in ther at
all now.

>which desktop are you using?

Gnome

>are they shown iconed as graphic devices or as
>folders?
They are shown as labeled icons, but there are eight
of them.

>> They are not in /etc/fstab.

>cause may not be from fstab.

In case it matters, I recently installed from the
livecd and then ran a yum update. I didn't notice when
the icons appeared