Re: Partitions being mounted in fc8

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:35:25 -0700 (PDT), don vogt wrote:

> Here is the answer to a request. It doesn't mean
> anything to me. I guess I have some research to do. I
> remember seeing some odd error messages somewhat like
> that when I was having problems with NetworkManager.
>

>  polkit-grant --list
> always:
>   user:    donvogt (uid 500)
>   action:  org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed
>   granted: Wed Mar 26 18:01:05 2008

On March 26th you gave your user "donvogt" the privilege to mount internal
hard-disks. Normally that means you were prompted for the root password.

Run as root "polkit-grant --delete donvogt" or delete the corresponding
ticket in /var/run/PolicyKit manually. After unmounting the partitions,
they should not come back next time you log in.