Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:30:34 -0700
From: Les <hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fedora 8 does not install on laptop
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 19:02 -0400, Vincent Onelli wrote:
I am a bit disappointed not been able to receive any answer to my 2
e-mail. I am receiving 10 to 15 e-mail a day but none of them list the
problem that I have, at this point since fedora 9 will soon be
released I will wait and try F9.
I would like to establish communication with you people, as a
newbie have some body to ask a question is a good feeling.  I do have
couple other issue that I could not resolve on my own. So please I
really appreciate some sign of life
Thank you so much,   Vinny
Hi, Vinny,
None of us is paid to do this.  We respond to those questions we know
how to answer.  Sometimes what is asked is somewhat unique to a person's
setup, in which case no response is typical.  Sometimes the answer is
already resident in the archives, and we expect you to search them
first.  But if you search the archives first and try the solution(s)
there, and still do not have success, then compose your question such
that you tell what steps you have already taken.

Regards,
Les H

My appology if I sound too domanding, but I had no wai to now if the message had reached the inteded address
Thank you for answer.

------------------------------

Message: 6
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 18:54 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 19:02 -0400, Vincent Onelli wrote:
> I am a bit disappointed not been able to receive any answer to my 2
> e-mail. I am receiving 10 to 15 e-mail a day but none of them list the
> problem that I have, at this point since fedora 9 will soon be
> released I will wait and try F9.
> I would like to establish communication with you people, as a
> newbie have some body to ask a question is a good feeling.  I do have
> couple other issue that I could not resolve on my own. So please I
> really appreciate some sign of life

Are you sure you sent your questions to the right place? I can see no
messages from your email address on this list (and I checked back to
January).

I haven't noticed anything either, and I KNOW I would have seen this one
if it came up- I have had some trouble installing on my laptop as well.

Yes I did send, the only thing that now I am sospecting is that in the original message I attached a screen picture tha shows the screen where the installation stop. That is if the attachement is not legal.

------------------------------

Message: 7
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 18:54 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 19:02 -0400, Vincent Onelli wrote:
> I am a bit disappointed not been able to receive any answer to my 2
> e-mail. I am receiving 10 to 15 e-mail a day but none of them list the
> problem that I have, at this point since fedora 9 will soon be
> released I will wait and try F9.
> I would like to establish communication with you people, as a
> newbie have some body to ask a question is a good feeling.  I do have
> couple other issue that I could not resolve on my own. So please I
> really appreciate some sign of life

Are you sure you sent your questions to the right place? I can see no
messages from your email address on this list (and I checked back to
January).

I haven't noticed anything either, and I KNOW I would have seen this one
if it came up- I have had some trouble installing on my laptop as well.

That said, why not repost the original question?

This is on of my original message posted.

I try to install FC8 in the HP zv6000 laptop, but I was unsuccessful it reach the point past the DVD test and when select the skip button it fill the screen with a bunch of sets of numbers and every thing stop. The DVD was made from the ISO file tested and installed in a Dell Dimention 8300 desktop computer with no problem, it works fine the only thing that I could not do setup the printer. The loptop is an HP Pavilion with AD athlon processor 64, 1GB of memory. FC7 installed previousely installed and works fine, except I could not get the wireless working, and therefore, the remote printer.

I will appreciate help.   Thank you in advance
P.S.  I have attached a picture of the screen shot.
I remove the picture but if it is OK to attach I will next
Thank you again
Vinny