Re: Thank you, unknown genius!

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 22:20 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 15:15 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 14:56 -0600, Anton Solovyev wrote:
> > > For removing the "Install Everything" option from Fedora Core 8 installation.
> > >
> > > The disappearance of the "disable iptabes" and "disable selinux" options counts
> > > as a minor annoyance, I guess. But thanks for that too!
> > ----
> > Install 'everything' was removed on FC6 installer if I recall correctly.
> >
> > The issue was that it was too difficult to manage across the various
> > packages, hardware types and still 'everything' isn't really everything
> > since the 'everything' you are seeing is the DVD and there is an even
> > bigger 'Everything' on the mirrors which goes well beyond what is on the
> > DVD.
> >
> > I believe that you can select all packages within each group which makes
> > it relatively simple to get that big honking install that you crave.
> >
> > And for what it's worth...you are not alone with your desire to have
> > that big honking 'everything' install...right Claude?
>
> Remember the row we had about a year ago on the missing "Install
> Everything" option? Myself, I'd much rather get as much installed during
> the initial install, then to have to yum what I want, post install. Ric
----
I was referring to exactly that with my hat tip to Claude...

I'm at the stage now where I have my own mirrors at work and I just
kickstart install the same suite on all computers and adjust from there
if necessary. Too much just weighs down each and every update.

I do appreciate that with dial-up, the experience does change.

Craig