Re: Linux is KING - Couldn't be hacked - Mac, Vista went down in flames

Dick Seabrook wrote:

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:08 PM, tom <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Jim wrote:

    You know, if memory serves, some of the list members are
    approaching four score years. They should remember what they were
    doing about the time the first commercial digital computers were
    released upon the world.

That would be the UNIVAC I in 1952, which went to the Census Bureau as I recall. I was too young for computing -- spent most of the time watching Arthur Godfrey and Jerry Lester (remember him?) on TV. Seems to me that was also the year Elizabeth II was crowned, Adlai Stevenson lost the election to Ike, etc....
I got a way to go before I hit four-score!
Dick S.
--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs <http://enterprise.aacc.edu/%7Erhs> ~ Speed the Net!

~~R