Re: Linux is KING - Couldn't be hacked - Mac, Vista went down in flames

Ever hear of:
    a IBM 1401
    an IBM 7090
   Punch cards,
   coding pad
   FORTRAN

Richard England wrote:
Tim wrote:
Tim:
have the CPU op-code cheat sheet in the coat pocket...  ;-)

Les:
I memorized it and threw it away.  Does that mean I fail the test?

If you code in pen and ink before even going near the computer, that
counts.

Back when I were a lad, we didn't use no debugger.  We'd print the code,
and attack the printout with pencils out to mark all the bugs and
corrections, then type the changes back in.

Tim, waiting for one of the old codgers to tell us a tale of how they
had to make the valves and warm them up before starting...   ;-)

I understand they warmed them in their arm pits to save on electricity since it was only on for 5 hours a day....

--
Thunderbird
Linux 2.6.24.3-12