Re: Linux, Vista dual boot

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 21:07 -0800, Fred Erickson wrote:
> I have a notebook that dual boots Fedora 8 and Vista. Both the
> partitions that Fedora and Vista use are primary. The Vista Windows
> Explorer and My Computer can not see the Linux partition.

My fairly new laptop came with Vista, and I added Fedora to it, and
Ubuntu.  My Vista doesn't notice the Linux partitions in the Windows
Explorer file browser, either.

I wonder if the original poster's problem might be down to the partition
types being set as a Windows type, but reformatted into a Linux type.  I
would expect Windows to see that as a partition to be further worked on.

My partition types are set to the same type as they're actually
formatted as.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.