Re: Linux is KING - Couldn't be hacked - Mac, Vista went down in flames

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 08:25 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 20:54 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> > In some ways both views have pros and cons. But consider the
> > possibilities that have opened up for humankind in general from this
> > one technology.
>
> Yeah, technical support lines, anti-virus companies, spam...
>
> I view being asked to fix someone's PC like they'd just asked me to
> unblock their loo with my bare hands.

I agree (to a point), and that was hardly the point I was making. If
computers weren't as widespread, then I can bet your user base would
probably not even exist. We'd still be on mainframes with dumb
terminals, and few services actually requiring to be run- ergo, less
employment for sysadmins.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Take time to consider where
life might have gone if your scenario had taken place, and be thankful
that it has turned out this way- your analogy just may have been a
literal possibility.