Re: A wee install problem...

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 20:10 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 11:38 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> > What tests do you know of to diag the PSU? I've tried battery,
> > adaptor, all the same result so nothing gained there. The common
> > factor is simply the PSU itself, but I need some more evidence to
> > convince them.
>
> What did you try?  You only mentioned trying the battery and adaptor,
> but what did you actually do?
>
> If you can get your hands on a spare power supply, and things work fine
> with that, then that does point the finger rather badly.  Ask friends,
> work colleagues, your local Linux user group...
>
> --

You do realise we're talking about a small circuit board in a laptop
don't you? I have 2 similar presario laptops and I've used the adaptors
interchangeably. Considering also my knowledge of post testing
demonstrated here and the finite number of possible physical tests it
would mean that they've been eliminated from the suspect list. What I
did ask was what other tests there could be on the small circuit board
inside- the PSU.

And no, the PSU's in the laptops are not interchangeable. They're
similar, but not the same model or class.