Re: What's all the hype over Ubuntu?

Just another possible reason for an ubuntu preference:

I've just been trying to find out how to get my new
bluetooth keyboard to be automagically connected at
boot time.

Naturally, I turned to google, and all the top hits I
got were (mostly pretty informative) pages from
either ubuntu or gentoo web sites.

I have had this same experience on different searches
many times before.

I can imagine folks who constantly find descriptions
of how to solve their problems on ubuntu web pages
might at some point be tempted to just go ahead and
run ubuntu so they don't have to track down any
differences between the distros in order to follow the
advice.

Of course they might get the same idea about gentoo,
but comparing the install process of gentoo and ubuntu
would send most folks screaming to ubuntu every time :-).