Re: [OT] HELP!!! mail attack

> It's clear that you're one of those admins who doesn't see a problem
> with throwing out the real mail, so long as you get rid of all the spam
> at the same time.  I wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude, it's
> wilful sabotage.

It's solving the problem. Guess how internet routers solve packet
overload - they throw random packets away.

> I run a business, I can't afford to lose a client, even a potential one,
> because the mail got rejected, or the phone wasn't answered, etc.  I
> know some of them won't retry, I know regular clients who won't retry, I
> usually don't retry...

There is a difference between throwing email away without the
consent/permission of its owner and throwing it away with the consent.
The people to whom I provide email are more than happy to lose the odd
real email so they don't have to read through all the spam and are far
more productive as a result.

Also your client case is a bit spurious, most people whitelist clients.

Alan