Re: What's all the hype over Ubuntu?

<20080325211254.56a6d72b@core> <47E978B7.3030809@xxxxxxxxx> <Pine.LNX.4.64.0803260835090.30984@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> they dont have the political bullshit that fuckdora does.
> nor are they controlled by U.S laws which leads to more freedom for
> others, I do know its hard for yanks to understand, but there are other
> countries out there, countries that wont be dictated to by the U.S and
> have their own acts of parliment, laws and policies. Just becasue
somthing
> is taboo in the U.S doesnt mean it is anywhere else.

You do realise that just because there aren't software patents in other
countries now, that won't always be the case, right?

You do realise that here in the UK and EU there are almost constant
attempts to introduce software patents for more and more cases, right?

You do realise that copyright laws apply here, and that proprietary
software is proprietary where ever you are in the world, right?

And that all this means that the work that Fedora does, promoting free and
open alternatives is very important for everyone in the whole world? And
that people working on this project have signed up under those terms and
that we all contribute under those terms, to change things and make them
better for all?

Maybe you don't care about freedom...I know I do, and that's one of the
number one reasons why I choose Fedora. Not forgetting the fact that it's
leading the free software world in many technical aspects too. But that's
just me.

/me looks guilty for taking the flame bait :S

Jon