Re: moving from Verizon DSL to Verizon FIOS

> You get what you pay for.

I think what you get is pretty good for what you pay.

> They have business services too and these rates also look pretty good:
> http://www22.verizon.com/content/businessfios/packagesandprices/
packagesandprices.htm
> They aren't in my area so I don't have the service, but I'd guess that
> even with the home/dynamic IP version they probably provide some hosted
> web space like Comcast does so you don't need to run a server from home.
>    If not, there are plenty of places that will host a blog.

Oh, they do provide web hosting. The only thing I would have liked to be
able to access my http server remotely was for streaming images from my
house to work. But the baby goes to day care now so it's not that
critical anymore, and when I do leave on vacation I keep an eye on my
house through an ssh tunnel. Other than that, I don't really care for
blogs, it was just an example.