wireless lan problem

Hi guys,

When I activate my wireless lan using:

ifup wlan0 i got the following error:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
   SET failed on device wlan0 ; No such file or directory.

and when I tried to change the Mod or the Encoding I got the following error:

#iwconfig wlan0 mode auto
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
   SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

iwconfig wlan0 enc off
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
   SET failed on device wlan0 ; No such file or directory.

My wireless lan card is Intel Pro Wireless LAN 4965 AG , and the device was working probably two days ago, so that I think there is nothing wrong with the device driver. Also now i can find many networks with iwlist scan but i can not connect to any one of them even my network.

I also checked the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 but I could not find any thing related to the encoding:
# Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
# for the documentation of these parameters.
TYPE=Wireless
DEVICE=wlan0
HWADDR=00:13:e8:88:1e:23
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
NETMASK=
DHCP_HOSTNAME=
IPADDR=
DOMAIN=
ONBOOT=no
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
IPV6INIT=no
ESSID='MSUNet Wireless Guest'
CHANNEL=11
MODE=Auto
RATE=Auto
NM_CONTROLLED=no

any suggestions to solve this problem please ?

thanks