Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
http://www.mjmwired.net/linux/2008/02/11/fedora-makes-a-terrible-server/

What is your experience ?

Personally I run Fedora on our desktops which is perfect for that environment, as users tend to demand or need the latest and greatest and as our desktops tend to be updated once a year, the release cycle is just about right. I wouldn't consider it for our servers though, the release cycle is far too fast and changes happy too quickly. For that, we use RHEL which tends to stay fairly static with the software supplied with it, with bugfixes and security fixes tending to be back-ported. If it wasn't for the fact we get the licenses for something like $35 then we'd probably use CentOS.

--
Ian Chapman.