Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Tim Alberts <talberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Honestly I feel like a backstabber by using CentOS because I've been
 with Fedora since before Fedora (RedHat 5.1 was my first Linux
 experience), and using CentOS is reaping the benefits with no contribution.

You realize that technically speaking Redhat|Centos are infact Fedora,
albeit mature versions of it.

Of course.  What's your point?

Fedora creates regular scheduled releases of a conglomeration of selected projects on a regular schedule. After the Fedora release has been run through the test/release cycle by the Fedora users (us) it becomes the next version of RedHat (roughly). Then CentOS takes the source packages of RedHat, puts their name on it and re-distributes it (legally..).

So all the assembly work is done by Fedora, all the testing is done by the Fedora users and all the rewards are taken by people who (only) use CentOS while at least people who use RedHat pay for support.