Re: Evolution (again)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:20:55 -0400
Richard Heck <rgheck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &

Yea, I find it really annoying that fonts cannot be rendered
in any remotely readable fashion unless gnome-settings-daemon
is running (particularly since gnome-settings-daemon does a
bunch of other crap I don't want it to do which I have to
work around). I've got a section on De-gnomeing computers
in my linux tidbits web page with my experiences working
around gnome:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/linux-tidbits.html#De-Gnome%20your%20computer

(By the way - in the interest of full disclosure, I despise
both Gnome and KDE and don't use either, though I certainly run
apps written for both :-).