Re: Evolution (again)

* Gene Heskett wrote, On 03/16/2008 05:48 PM:
On Sunday 16 March 2008, Sur wrote:
* Gene Heskett wrote, On 03/16/2008 07:14 AM:
On Sunday 16 March 2008, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 23:23 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

How do I go about making FF3b4 use kmail for its default email agent
when the link clicked on is of the form "mailto: name@FQDN"?

I did have it using kmail (I use only kde), but some update seems to
have undone me and I can't find any mention of Evolution in the control
center settings, nor in FF's about:config.  I can't just remove
evolution as it takes aabout 500 megs worth of other stuff I do use with
it & that sucks a very high vacuum IMO.

I've been looking for it for about 2 hours now.  Somebody please throw
me a lifesaver...
Gnome Control Center->Preferred Applications->Mail Reader. Note that it
has nothing to do with FF as such; it's a desktop setting.

poc
As I said, I'm running kde, and there is no such thing in its control
center. In "control center->kde components->Email client" screen, the use
kmail button is checked.  For FF3b4, no effect.
$ sudo yum install gconf-editor
$ gconf-editor /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command

In my case it was in Settings-->Preferred Applications. One menu item in 2 screens full.

Well, you do have Gnome (and its control-center) installed then.
Menus get polluted when you install multiple desktops, you need to deal with that.
What you did was simply what the previous poster suggested.

Thanks

I've sent feedback to mozilla.