Re: Kernel 2.6.24 -- gee that was fun...not!

Frank Cox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:01:15 -0700
Paul Lemmons <paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had the 2.6.23 kernel and was able to boot from it but the kernel-headers had been replaced with the 2.6.24 version. In cleaning up that I had also cleaned up the kernel-devel packages (probably a mistake). Either way, though, to get the headers back in sync with the kernel I had to go out to the koji site.

This brings up an interesting question.  It doesn't look like livna
keeps the "old" rpms for ATI and Nvidia drivers on their site after a new
kernel version is released.

How can someone who is using ATI or Nvidia drivers from Livna revert to the
previous kernel in that situation?

Frank, after the base install you change yum.conf to *keep* the rpms it downloads, and back them up. From there you can install by hand, or better yet run 'createrepo' and update from a local repository.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>