Re: Kernel 2.6.24 -- gee that was fun...not!

<snip>
I had the 2.6.23 kernel and was able to boot from it but the kernel-headers had been replaced with the 2.6.24 version. In cleaning up that I had also cleaned up the kernel-devel packages (probably a mistake). Either way, though, to get the headers back in sync with the kernel I had to go out to the koji site.

I am a little gun-shy now about updating to a newer kernel. I will probably wait until F9 comes out and will test first with a Live CD. That is not so far away that I can't wait and the new kernels don't often really give me anything new that I actually notice. I usually update simply to keep my machine current and, like this time, report on the rare problem.

??? FC9 alpha has been out for a while.

Yes, but this is my primary (only) workstation where I work. I spend 8-10 hours a day on it... it sorta kinda has to be stable and while I am playing a little close to the bleeding edge by adopting fedora, "alpha-fedora" is a bit too close to the edge for me :)