Re: A weired system.

Mark C. Allman wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 08:01 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
pursley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<--------------------[ SNIP ]------------------>
I'm starting to feel the urge to ask the question, "Is Linux stable anymore?" Since I get the sense that no one else is having these problems and more I wonder if I'm losing my mind....

Bradley

I think it is more a matter of Fedora not being stable. New things are tried, and sometimes they break things on some hardware, or mistakes are made in packaging. The bug fixes are normally passed upstream so that they get fixed for everyone. This is part of what makes Fedora fun...

Mikkel

It's only fun if you have the luxury of time to track down the problem
and can fix it.  If you don't have time or can't fix it then it's called
frustration.  The latest kernel (2.6.24.3-12.fc8) broke hibernate on my
Dell XPS 1710 laptop.  It'll do everything except actually turn off the
computer.  With the previous kernel (2.6.23.15-137.fc8, which I had to

-- Mark C. Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- www.allmanpc.com, 617-947-4263

BusinessMsg -- the secure, managed, J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution

if you want absolute stability change from fedora to centos