Re: Copying a Hard Disk Containing Windows With Fedora

Try gparted - it copies and resizes pretty much all known partitions. Doesn't copy the MBR, though.

Markus Kesaromous wrote:
That's great - I wonder if anyone has been able to clone
windows from a PARTITION to a new (larger) partition of another drive,
and boot it. In my case I tried

dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/dev/sdc1 bs=128M

then I used the ntfs util called ntfsresize:

ntfsresize /dev/sdc1

which finished successfully. I tried to boot from the new drive, but windows gets as far as the windows logo splash screen and then reboots.

-Markus