Re: Kernel 2.6.24 -- gee that was fun...not!

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Kernel 2.6.24 -- gee that was fun...not!
From: Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Lemmons <paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/14/2008 03:06 PM

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:01:15 -0700
Paul Lemmons <paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had the 2.6.23 kernel and was able to boot from it but the kernel-headers had been replaced with the 2.6.24 version. In cleaning up that I had also cleaned up the kernel-devel packages (probably a mistake). Either way, though, to get the headers back in sync with the kernel I had to go out to the koji site.

This brings up an interesting question.  It doesn't look like livna
keeps the "old" rpms for ATI and Nvidia drivers on their site after a new
kernel version is released.

How can someone who is using ATI or Nvidia drivers from Livna revert to the
previous kernel in that situation?

I could not figure out a way to do it from livna. I wound up having to download from nvidia and build it. It is not hard, pretty straight forward, in fact. It just means that I have to do this by hand every time I upgrade the kernel. Once they get the bugs ironed of the latest kernel I will go back to livna.