Re: Where's the print que

   1) The tray icon *NEVER* appears when printing
   2) I've tried to run the applet but nothing happens - I do mean nothing.

Mark Knoop wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 05:29 -0500, pursley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What makes this whole thing even worse, my system even has a "system-config-printer-applet" file but when I run it, nothing happens and I can't install it on either panel. I even covered the contingency of in case my user account needed to belong to the "lp" group. Any ideas why that part of my system is not available?

You need to run it as:

system-config-printer-applet --no-tray-icon

By default, the tray icon will only show if there are print jobs in the
queue.