Re: Remote XWindows

Frank Cox wrote:

You can use the freely downloadable NX client with the freenx server with no restrictions.

Interesting.  What's the difference between the freenx server (which I see is
available through a simple yum install) and the one that's sold on that website?

I think the free version lags somewhat behind in features like audio/multimedia handling and it can't connect to the console display on :0. Also, the commercial version always uses the same ssh key that is included with the client where the freenx version generates a unique key during the install that you have to copy over to the client before you can connect.

(I hadn't realized that there was an unrestricted free implementation of this
nx thing.  Now it's got my attention.....)

It's packaged - just 'yum install freenx'. If you work remotely at all or connect from other platforms it is well worth the trouble to set up.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx