Re: Freeze on Lid close and frpint - SOLVED

Y Uanlux wrote:
Hi,
I have a HP 6710b on Fedora 8 x86_64and with the same problem, PC is
frosen when lid closed. please confirm me how you fixed it.
Have you get the figerprint thinbg working on Fedora 8?

Best

Yuan

echo 1 > /proc/acpi/video/C098/DOS

and then press the lid and check, if this is working
edit and add following to /etc/rc.local
echo 1 > /proc/acpi/video/C098/DOS
exit 0

if not -- I have no clue, sorry..!

finger print is working but I removed it -- bit annoying to me.

sudo rpm -qa | grep fprint
libfprint-0.0.5-2.fc8
pam_fprint-0.2-2.fc8
xfprint-4.4.2-1.fc8

edit /etc/pam.d/system-auth and add
auth       sufficient   pam_fprint.so
auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so try_first_pass likeauth nullok

And finally
$ pam_fprint_enroll

Enjoy
-+> Hirantha

On Mon, Feb 4, 2008 at 10:21 PM, hirantha <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
 I solved the matter by the support of Ubuntu guys -- now, it is working as expected.
 echo 1 > /proc/acpi/video/C098/DOS

 Thanks for the support

 -+> Hirantha