Re: Freeze on Lid close - SOLVED

David Timms wrote:
hirantha wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
hirantha wrote:
I'm having a laptop HP Compaq 6710b running on Fedora 8 with the latest updates. I have an issue that when I press the lid button, the Laptop get freeze and the possible way is to recover -- hard power

What are you expecting the machine to do when you close the lid ?

On my HP nx6320, Fedora defaults to doing a suspend on lid close. Since suspend/resume has not been working reliably over time {and I can't afford to lose information}, I turn this off:

system|preferences|system|power management
  [gnome-power-preferences]

on ac power     |actions|when laptop lid is closed=blank screen
on battery power|actions|when laptop lid is closed=blank screen

DaveT.

I just wanted to go blank screen; I am using kpowersave and there is no option for action when lid closed=blank screen -- only suspend and shutdown.

I solved the matter by the support of Ubuntu guys -- now, it is working as expected.
echo 1 > /proc/acpi/video/C098/DOS

Thanks for the support

-+> Hirantha