Re: Freeze on Lid close

Hi Mikkel,

Thanks for the post.  I have check this before compiling the driver. In first press button - no harm
, working fine. But if press it again, laptop get freeze; and trigger a kernel panic. here is the
info i get.

Code: Bad EIP Value.
EIP: [<7f7e7dc4>] 0x7f7fe7dc4 SS:ESP 0068:f7c7aca4
Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill the idle task!

I have no issue when scpi=off, non-intel driver.
I can't use any other driver because wide-screen is not supporting

Please advice..

Thanks and regards

-+> hirantha

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
hirantha wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a laptop HP Compaq 6710b running on Fedora 8 with the latest updates. I have an issue that when I press the lid button, the Laptop get freeze and the possible way is to recover -- hard power reset. I noticed that this is due to the video card driver which is Intel 965GM. I changed to some other diver vesa and it is working fine. And other thing I checked, if I shut the ACPI (acpi=off) everything is fine but I loss lots of features on my laptop.

I download the Intel drivers from the http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html and compiled it. xf86-video-intel and drm. Then it is started to work. But if I run the system-config-display and save the xorg.conf with Intel driver, it freezes again. And only recovering is re-compiling the drm and xf86-video-intel. I can't install the meas for 3D GL driver too -- giving compilation issue.

Please let me know if someone has working config with Intel Mobile GM 960 driver with mesa.

Thanks in advance

-+> Hirantha

You may want to edit /etc/acpi/events/video.conf and see it that fixes the problem without having to compile your own driver.

Mikkel