Re: Audio / TV problem

Bill Davidsen wrote:

Not a bit, mix of Celeron, K7, and early pre-HT P4, various on board audio chipsets. And all work with other video boards, it's just the HD board which is a problem. I have three NTSC cards which work just fine.

What about the machines on which it does work?different chipset?same chipset?

One P4 with HT, one E6600 Core Duo.

It works only on servers? maybe a service that needs to be up and running is not or some other service is possibly interfering? Compare running services on the servers and workstations?Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Off hand I'd say thanks for the questions, but the answers aren't all that revealing.

Something I have noticed that is annoying about F8, if I have my
usb camera plugged in, it's audio gets loaded before my MB's audio, and this
results in X finding the camera audio (microphone) and not seeing
the other audio at all, the easiest way I have found to work around
it (I messed around with modprobe.conf but I don't believe I every quite
got the correct combination), is to rmmod'ed the module for the camera
audio device, you may want to check and rmmod the audio module(s) for the
video board and any other non-mb devices and then start X, and see if it then works, if it does you need to figure out a better fix.

                              Roger