Re: Cups doesn't end print jobs.

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 15:14 -0600, John Thompson wrote:
> There seems to be some process limiting the length of the log files,
> truncating and starting a new file.

Adding 'MaxLogSize 0' to the beginning of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf will stop
that, but for the moment I think I have sufficient information from the
logs.

The network print server is using an implementation of IPP.  When CUPS
has sent the job to it using the IPP backend, the backend waits until
the job has finished.  It does this by repeatedly sending the
Get-Job-Attributes IPP request.

The print server is responding with success, but either has no
'job-state' attribute included in the reply or else the job-state is
IPP_JOB_PENDING, IPP_JOB_HELD, IPP_JOB_PROCESSING or IPP_JOB_STOPPED.

Try running the following command, replacing 'theprintserver' with the
hostname of the print server:

python <<EOF
import cups, pprint
cups.setServer("theprintserver")
c=cups.Connection()
pprint.pprint(c.getJobs())
EOF

(Perhaps it will be easiest to copy it into a text editor, change
"theprintserver", and copy and paste the result into a terminal window.)

Tim.
*/