Re: Trouble Removing RPM's

max bianco wrote:

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have a x86_64 box that has two of the same rpm :
    gtk2-2.12.1-5.fc8.i386.rpm
    gtk2-2.12.1-5.fc8.x86_64.rpm

    I have tried yum and rpm to remove the packages, but to no avail.

    rpm -e gtk2
    rpm -e gtk2-2.12.1.fc8
    rpm -e gtk2-2.12.1.fc8.i386.rpm
    rpm -e gtk2-2.12.1.fc8.x86_64.rpm

    I just want to remove the RPM's

Why do you want to remove it? A quick google search makes me think you should leave it alone. Even if you think it does not belong, another program may require or depend on it to function correctly. Have you properly identified this package? do you know what it does? Are you absolutely certain that you don't need it?

Max

It's not important as to why I want to remove, I understand how important it is going to be to other applications on running. Right now I want to know how to remove these two rpm's, If I could just remove one of them then it would be easy to remove the other. If you are using a x86_64 , try what I'm suggesting, if you have two identical named rpm's try to remove one and you will see what I 'm getting at, if you are using a i386 box it will be hard for you to understand.