Re: Trouble Removing RPM's

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a x86_64 box that has two of the same rpm :
gtk2-2.12.1-5.fc8.i386.rpm
gtk2-2.12.1-5.fc8.x86_64.rpm

I have tried yum and rpm to remove the packages, but to no avail.

rpm -e gtk2
rpm -e gtk2-2.12.1.fc8
rpm -e gtk2-2.12.1.fc8.i386.rpm
rpm -e gtk2-2.12.1.fc8.x86_64.rpm

I just want to remove the RPM's

Why do you want to remove it?  A  quick google search makes me think you should leave it alone. Even if you think it does not belong, another program may require or depend on it to function correctly. Have you properly identified this package? do you know what it does? Are you absolutely certain that you don't need it?

Max