Re: wicd - better wireless network manager than NetworkManager?

lostson wrote:

>> In my view, what is needed is a program that just deals with WiFi,
>> and which tells you what is wrong if the connection fails.
>> In my experience, NM and system-config-network (in its various guises)
>> are both quite bad at this.
>>

>  You may want to look into wi-fi radar which is here
>
>  http://wifi-radar.systemimager.org/
>
>  and it is in the repo's. I use it all the time and it works great for me.

I do in fact use wifi-radar,
and find it is one of the better wifi programs.
(I run Fedora-8, and wifi-radar is available with "yum install wifi-radar",
as you suggest.)

I think wifi-radar and "iwlist eth1 scan" (substitute for eth1)
are sort of complementary;
one works with some wifi devices where the other does not.

But if there is no connection, neither is much use at solving the problem.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366