Re: wicd - better wireless network manager than NetworkManager?

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I listened to Linux Reality podcast and I heard there about wicd
>  [1]. They have mentioned it a few times and always in context that it
>  is a much better wireless network manager that gnome NetworkManager. I
>  can't test it because there is no wich in fedora repositories so I'm
>  interested if someone has already tested this app and what do you
>  think about it?

looking @ the screenshot, it looks more like a wrapper GUI for
wpa_supplicant , iwconfig, and ifconfig and require user-configuration
- and focus more for ethernet and wlans. NetworkManager in the other
hand, is more for JustWorks(tm) with broad range of supported
connections and features. Static IP, Connection Sharing, and several
other cool stuff are also on the way for NetworkManager 0.7

If you are interested in using wich, how about start contributing and
package it into fedora
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join