Verizon EVDO 5750 Broadband Card

I originally started this under the Archive Search thread but i wanted to put in an appropriate subject line.
I was having trouble getting the Verizon EVDO 5750 Broadband Card to work. There are several how to's out there but some are, of course, different from others. The one that set me sailing was :

http://www.linux.com/feature/52729

This article uses the 5740 but taking that into account in the initial steps, all the scripts that follow worked as is.
Thanks again for the suggestions and links.

Max