Re: Problem with hard drive lock out

Henning Larsen wrote:
On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 23:49 -0500, Mark LaPierre wrote:
Well, it's been 24 hours and no reply. Am I asking too hard a question? Maybe I should post this to a different list?

I think your harddrive is dying, try to backup what you need, and
install and format the drives, maybe change them.

Henning

I will agree with this but I would also check the power supply voltages. I had a drive that would keep shutting down but none of the other drives had any issues. Turned out to be the power supply outside of specs. The sensors said things were okay but using a volt meter showed the voltages were at the lower limits.

Give people time to think about the question.

--
Robin Laing