Re: Fedora 8 x86-64 and NVRAID [Partially Solved]

Tomasz Torcz wrote:
Dnia 22-02-2008, pią o godzinie 11:56 +1000, Brian Chadwick pisze:

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:

A couple months ago, I reinstalled Windows XP Pro and Fedora 8 on

my

machine which has the Asus M2NBP-VM CSM motherboard featuring

NVidia's

NForce 430B chipset. I have a primary boot drive that is not a part

of

the raid but which boots both WinXP and Fedora just fine, and I have

RAID 1 set up with two 100 GB drives, formatted with NTFS.
Raymond

its probably BIOS assisted RAID, aka fakeRAID ... Fedora doesnt support it.

  I would rather say it is supported:

% dmraid -l | grep nvidia
nvidia  : NVidia RAID (S,0,1,10,5)

 I even remember FC5 or FC6 had dmraid in installer and allowed install
into such fakeraid.

 Raymond, I suggest you look into man "dmraid".

Thanks again for the advice, it appears that dmraid does indeed support my NVRAID/FakeRAID, and I've managed to activate but not mount the NTFS partition on the array. I'll conquer that problem in time. What's troubling me at the moment, is that the two individual drives of the array are being mounted "automagically" by Fedora; they aren't listed in the fstab file at all. A little research is leading me to believe that perhaps the initial installation of Fedora or perhaps an update performed a mkinitrd with those partitions mounted, so they're mounted whenever I boot. I'll have to find a solution to that, and get the raid array entry in /dev/mapper/ mounted via fstab...

Wish me luck... ;)
Raymond